Ironman 101 has moved to a new domain. Now Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger!

Please click here to continue reading - Power Multisport.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Throwing stones in Sydney

Just a quick quip – when I was running the other day we were talking about weight loss. There was a girl who said she lost 14 in the last year. She was running behind me and I slowed a bit and asked, “How much?” She explained further and said 14 kilograms. I guess the guy next to her could see the gears turning in my head because he decided to convert the weight for me. He said it was a little over 2 stone. Wow, thanks.


I did the math myself – I have gotten pretty good at converting between kg and lb – (14 x 2.2 = just over 30 pounds). Good on her.

For you those playing at home:

1 kilogram = 2.20462262 pounds
1 kilogram = 0.157473044 stones
1 stone = 14 pounds

Next I think I will start measuring my runs in furlongs (1 furlong = 10 chains which is 0.201168 kilometers or 660 feet).  I think running a 500 chain race sounds pretty cool (just over 10k or 6 and a quarter miles).

7 comments:

powermultisport
Fitness Anywhere: Make your body your machine.