Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
I had 16 miles @ marathon plus 30 seconds scheduled for Christmas Day. I had some worries about this run. It wasn’t anything in particular but just a lot of little things.
· 16 miles is a long way – I have not run that since Boston (April)
· While 7:30 pace is not difficult – it is for 16 miles
· It was 50 degrees outside (not a big deal)
· It was raining outside (not a big deal)
· It was cold and raining outside (VERY BIG DEAL)
· I had run 10 miles the day before at a very easy pace (not a big deal)
· It was Christmas Day (can be a big deal)