Ironman 101 has moved to a new domain. Now Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger!

Please click here to continue reading - Power Multisport.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jet Lag and what they don't tell you.

I was warned about the jet lag. In fact when I landed in Sydney a month ago I was under strict instructions from my brother in law Joe to not fall asleep. My sister was the enforcer. It was like a Nightmare on Elm Street movie – you must not fall asleep! Anyway, it was successful. I had very little to no jet lag. In fact, the very next day after landing in Sydney I was up at 4AM heading back to the airport on my way to Cairns up by the Great Barrier Reef. Everything was fine.


Coming back to the US I was able to sleep more on the flight. I got about 4 or 5 good hours on the way to San Francisco and I was even able to sleep a little bit more on the way to Dallas. I arrived at home around 8PM and just relaxed and went to bed. I was tired but once again the jet lag was minimized.

However, no one told me about the other lags from travel overseas. You see, I am a very regular type of guy. I am not sure if this is something that I trained myself for or if it just happened naturally – but either way it is what I am used to and it has served me well on race day. I am an early morning between first and second cup of coffee – like clockwork. Well, being in Australia it took about 3 weeks for this to work out. I guess it was like daylight savings time every few days – I just kind of fell back an hour or two every couple of days. But by the time I left I was back on schedule (pronounced SHEDGE-RULE).

ultraviolence on the treadmill

Now I am back at home. The weather has been kind of raining and I have been running on the treadmill at the gym. The past two days I have had ‘problems’. On Monday I was able to complete my 6 mile run and then make a dash to the locker room. No harm no foul – business was taken care of. Tuesday – I got 4 miles in and had to take a break. I did go back and finish up and completed the 6 miles. This is not me! I am not an exerciser deucer. No sir, I don’t like it one bit. I started to put 2 and 3 together. Yep, 12:30PM is 5:30AM Sydney time. Like freaking clock work.

I am racing the Baton Rouge Beach Half Marathon on Saturday. I hope I am back on SHEDGE-RULE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

powermultisport
Fitness Anywhere: Make your body your machine.