Ironman 101 has moved to a new domain. Now Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger!

Please click here to continue reading - Power Multisport.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Body fat scan ...

My legs were still tired. Not so much from the running on Tuesday but from squats this week. This always happens. Anytime that I do any strength training with my legs – it takes days for them to recover. And these weren’t like I was pressing a ton of weight. On Monday and Wednesday I did several sets of ‘body weight’ squats. Just body weight squats. My legs were just tired.


I stepped on the scale the first thing in the morning and I weighed 159.0 – this is the lowest I have been in months. This was encouraging. I felt good about my sticking to my diet and seeing results. With my legs tired I skipped the morning workout. Jim and I had already planned for a good tempo run at work.

I walked over to the HPR building to meet Chris. We talked a bit and then he did the Dexa Scan. As I had mentioned earlier, my body fat scale reads 8.x in athlete mode and 18.x in normal mode. I would be happy if it split the difference. I was very frustrated with the results. The Dexa Scan indicated that my body fat was 17.5 percent. I was surprised that it was that high. Chris was surprised that it was that high. I mean I can see my ribs and some of my abs (very vague but they can be seen in just the right light). There is slight definition. But the Dexa Scan is very accurate. What are you going to do?

Chris and I talked for a bit about diet and exercise. We have talked before. I always eat too few calories and I need to work on this area. When I want a calorie deficiet I cut too much.

The run got skipped at lunch. The weather has been cold and rain started to move into the area. Lunch brought cold temperatures and rain. Jim and I both passed on the run. I thought about doing the tempo on the treadmill. I actually wanted to do the tempo run but my legs were still fatigued. I played racquetball instead.

2 comments:

  1. I have only had the caliper test at the Azalea Trail run. I have stood in line several times, waited, only to be depressed. So after running some good races, then I leave depressed. I didn't do it @ the ATR in 2009, why bother? It would just make me mad.

    Congrats on the weight. I hope to follow in your foot steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you have the dexascan done? I figured you would come in between 10-12% with the numbers you get out of your bioimpedence device. And what is your goal? Do you want to be sub 10%?

    ReplyDelete

powermultisport
Fitness Anywhere: Make your body your machine.