Ironman 101 has moved to a new domain. Now Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger!

Please click here to continue reading - Power Multisport.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Humbled by the wind - 1/2 Ironman New Orleans


I finished my first 1/2 ironman. The bike and run were billed as flat and fast. And the bike could have been except for the gale force winds. I finished in 5:30:21 and I am truly humbled. I know everyone always does this but I already see minutes for improvement. About 8 in the swim, 8 - 12 in the bike and 15 in the run. How do you do a sub 5 hour 1/2 ironman - first do a 5:15.

Full race report to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Mother Nature can be the biggest kicker out there! Still sounds like a good race to me. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, that is a phenomenal time!

    ReplyDelete

powermultisport
Fitness Anywhere: Make your body your machine.