Ironman 101 has moved to a new domain. Now Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger!

Please click here to continue reading - Power Multisport.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Three-a-days - SWIM BIKE RUN

I love this time of year – two-a-days are starting to sometimes turn into three-a-days. I got a nice and easy 25 mile bike ride in before work. Hit the stadium for lunges at lunch (tough stuff – 20 sets on the bleachers).

I also got in a great OWS swim after work. There were five of us – Keith, Lance, JD, Robin and myself. Robin is a fast swimmer and we headed out (in our wetsuits – except for Keith - hard core but this is probably the last week of the wetsuit). I got to practice drafting for the first time. I was amazed at how much energy I saved while swimming fast. I was able to swim fast and simulate a lot of the race conditions.

We are going to make this a weekly activity – add this to the morning rides – and this is looking like a great year.

2 comments:

  1. Drafting while swimming is so much fun... esp in the open water :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I rarely even get to do two-a-days due to my work schedule :(

    ReplyDelete

powermultisport
Fitness Anywhere: Make your body your machine.