Ironman 101 has moved to a new domain. Now Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger!

Please click here to continue reading - Power Multisport.

Friday, April 3, 2009

NOLA 70.3 - T-minus 2 days

I went to the Keg and Barrel last night for the unveiling of a new brew - a Smokey Porter. I know Sam (different Sam - not local fast guy Sam but brew meister Sam). It really was dark and smokey. Very smooth but definitely the kind of beer that I can only drink one of. They also had an all you can get Bar-B-Que spread. Pork and beef and corn and all the fix'ns. Good stuff.

The fecal count of Lake Pontchartrain has gone through the roof in the last few days due to heavy rains. The beach where I will be swimming has gone from 24 to 350 MPN (mean probable numbers of colonies per 100 milliliters - or turds per square inch). They advise that swimmers use caution at anything about 200 MPN - not sure how to use caution while swimming - avoid the dark spots I guess. LINK

On a side note, someone sent me a funny onion article yesterday and then I saw this in the store and thought that life truly does follow art (I guess it is art). LINK


The market? Listen, we make the market. All we have to do is put her out there with a little jingle. It's as easy as, "Hey, shaving with anything less than five blades is like scraping your beard off with a dull hatchet." Or "You'll be so smooth, I could snort lines off of your chin." Try "Your neck is going to be so friggin' soft, someone's gonna walk up and tie a goddamn Cub Scout kerchief under it."


That's right 5 + 1 baby!

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting totally grossed out hearing all this about the fecal count! Nasty! I'm on my final flight right now and think I'll be in that fecal infested water in about 3.5 hours. Disgusting. But I need the warm up since I've had no open water swim practice. I guess I'll keep my mouth shut tightly. I wonder if there's a hasmat shower when we get out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, literally, crap!!! Might wanna take some antibiotics afterwards, just in case. No open wounds, cuts, I hope! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope... nope... didn't want to know the fecal concentration of Lake Pontchartrain!! I'm hopping in that mess tomorrow morning!!

    Maybe see you down here sometime over this weekend! GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete

powermultisport
Fitness Anywhere: Make your body your machine.