Ironman 101 has moved to a new domain. Now Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger!

Please click here to continue reading - Power Multisport.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Swimming 2000 yard early season TT

Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best. - Henry Van Dyke
On Thursday, for lunch, I made it to the pool. The workout called for a 10 minute warm up and then a 30 minute time trial. I made a slight alteration and decided to do a 2000 yard time trial – I knew it would be slightly over 30 minutes. I took times at 1000, 1500 and 2000 yards.

1000 yards – 16:14 (AVE PACE 1:37 / 100 yards)
1500 yards – 24:37 (AVE PACE 1:38 / 100 yards)
2000 yards – 33:08 (AVE PACE 1:39 / 100 yards)

I got progressively slower. I got progressively more tired. I need to increase my swim volume until I can do twice these distances in my sleep!

I have not done so well with this in the past – but today is a rest day. I think that I am going to take it! No short run, no strength training or even just a little bit of swimming. I’m taking the entire day off – oh bike commuting does not count – I have to get to work you know.

I think that I am about over this cold!

2 comments:

  1. Always take one day off:) Ah, yes, swim volume. It will come to you and you will be able to do it in your sleep. I know, I'll send you my swim volume for some of your run volume, deal? I'm ready to get back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend told me it's the rest days and the slow weeks that make an Ironman. That's an impressive TT, I wish I could swim that fast! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

powermultisport
Fitness Anywhere: Make your body your machine.