Ironman 101 has moved to a new domain. Now Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger!

Please click here to continue reading - Power Multisport.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A little tired, softball and a sore throat

I don't get sick. I do not do well when I am sick. I don't like being sick. I refuse to be sick.

I hate it so much that I have not allowed myself to be sick for years. Not one or two but dozens of years. Maybe I define sick as something different. Sick is when you have to change your schedule - when you can't do the things that you want to do. Sure - I have been hurt, cut, bruised, bleeding and in so much pain that I could not do the things that I want to do - but not sick.

I'm not sick right now. On a scale of 1 to 10 I am at a 1. I have a scratchy throat. I did not sleep well last night. I was cold. I wanted to get up in the middle of the night and take a steaming hot bath even though the temperature in the house was in the 70's. But I'm not sick - far from it!

The softball game (the playoffs) was fun but it is over now. Many of us were already developing the 'Bad News Bears take the pennet' story lines. At our level of play it is just too darn hard to win games when you do not field a complete team. Automatic outs in the line up will kill you every time.

By the way - I really am not sick - just a tickle in my throat - but I do hate being sick.

6 comments:

  1. Becareful! Don't get sick now! Sounds like you had fun with the softball... we've been missing you at the pool. Coach Mary is kicking out butts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet - that Mary is a task master. The swimming probably would have had a better payoff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always try the mind over matter thing too! Zicam, ColdEeza and Mucinex...that's my cocktail for when I'm 'not getting sick.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better take care of yourself... don't need to be getting sick... it will so mess up your training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get what I had. I don't get sick much either, but this kicked my butt for two weeks, and it's still not totally cleared up. Take care of it before it gets worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hate to admit it, but triathletes get sick. We just tend to ignore it and train through it when others would be resting. I got hit with a throat thing while training for New Orleans. It sucked. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

powermultisport
Fitness Anywhere: Make your body your machine.